I don’t know if this has been done before, but I plan to invite “The Network” to a job interview. I will be using Google Docs and Spreadsheets, Presentations to design my presentation and present with attendees in the chat room. I will be interviewing on Friday, October 5th between 2:00 and 3:00 PM PST. My presentation is only 10 minutes, and I do not know when it will be delivered within that time frame. I hope to find a handful of Twitucators to sign in and hang out and backchannel. I was asked to speak on how I would implement an expanded Distance Learning plan for the college. My goals with this experiment are to:
- Easily design a presentation that is hosted online with little effort
- Demonstrate a potential Distance Learning tool
- Show the value of The Network
If you are interested in supporting me, please set up a Google account, if you don’t have one already, and visit http://docs.google.com/Present?docid=d89zt3t_0dvtcps between 2 and 3 PM PST on October 5th. Feel free to discuss the slides, hopefully in a positive way! Right now, I am still working on the presentation and you are welcome to give feedback.
There are many potential problems:
- No audio so the attendees won’t know what I’m talking about. I will try to make the slides as clear as possible.
- Presentation is only 10 minutes long, so I may not have time to interact with the chat room.
- Since I am openly publishing this, my competitors for the position could sabotage my presentation.
- Technology may not work. I’m always prepared for this, because it’s quite common in the tech business!
- Out of control chat.
I thank you in advance for your participation!